Have you just bought your dream home and now want to spruce it up with new curtains? Curtains complete the overall appearance of a house by lending warmth and privacy, helping control the light, and adding style.
When people decide to put curtains in their houses, they focus more on the type of fabric and design and overlook a very important aspect – how they will be hung. Choosing the right curtain hardware for your house is very important for both aesthetic and functional reasons. Here is a brief guide on how to choose the best design for your curtain hardware,
HIDDEN OR VISIBLE?
When choosing your curtain hardware, the first consideration is deciding whether you want the track or rod to be visible after your curtains are hung. Some curtain tracks and rods designed to be completely hidden from view once installed, while others are designed to provide an eye-catching decorative element to revamp the look of your blinds and curtains.
“If you choose hidden curtain hardware, you should ensure it is made of good quality and strong material and has a discreet profile”, says the interior designers at The Flex Track. The common ways of hiding the curtain track include installing it into the ceiling or bulkhead and hiding it behind the curtain’s heading.
RODS VS TRACKS
Another important consideration is whether you want curtain rods or tracks. Most people don’t know the difference between the two.
A curtain rod is a round pole usually made from aluminum, steel, or wood. Curtain rods are designed to be visible and often come in a wide range of styles, colors, and finishes. A curtain track, on the other hand, uses carriers that move along a tracking system They are typically made from aluminum and come in different styles and colors sizes to suit both commercial and residential applications. Curtain tracks have become widely popular in recent years due to the many benefits they offer.
1. Affordability – Their smaller profile means they often use less aluminum and are therefore more cost-effective than curtain rods of equal size.
2. Carrier Operation – Many people find the internal tracking system to be simpler to operate than using an eyelet or rings.
3. Versatility – curtain tracks come in a wider variety of heading styles to choose from.
4. Flexibility – Curtain tracks can easily be bent using a special bending machine to fit different window designs.
5. Different Options : There are many types of tracks. You can choose permanent or removable types. One the most popular type today is The Flex Track’s removable T Bar Clamp that can be installed on a ceiling grid without drilling into it.
Curtain tracks have become the preferred choice for most people due to their numerous benefits. If you are looking for quality, affordable curtain tracks for your home or business, theflextrack.com has got you covered. Contact us today to learn about our different designs and styles. … Read the rest